#004 Building in Public and Salary Transparency
In this episode, Jonni Lundy (@jonnilundy) and Zeno Rocha (@zenorocha) discuss the #BuildInPublic trend. We talk about how individuals are building products with radical transparency, the benefits of that approach, and the challenges that come with it. We also discuss how companies are being transparent with salaries and their organizational culture.
- 5:15 When In Doubt, Make It Public
- 5:38 Public and permanent
- 9:01 Why Whole Foods Lets Employees Look Up Each Other's Salaries
- 11:02 Buffer Transparent Salaries
- 15:14 Levels.fyi
- 16:25 Lin Zhang: How I got a $375K Instagram PM offer
- 20:25 Getting Real
- 32:30 Ghost: Open Startups
- 33:29 Jon Yongfook: Bannerbear Journey to 10K MRR
- 37:17 Dracula PRO: A solo journey to 100k
- 41:22 Dracula Origin Story
- 41:35 Dracula UI Launch Day Disaster
- 50:13 Can you build in public without Twitter?